Most of these are Websites or resources that I want to remember myself. Instead of having Web addresses stored in several different places — Apple Notes, Scrivener, scraps of paper on my desk (never to be seen again), pages torn from the New Yorker and no longer remember why, and in web browsers in infinite lists of bookmarks — I use WordPress’s Link Library.
It is also easier for me to refer people to a source or a group of sources that I recommend.
- Golden Ratio Typography (GRT) Calculator A calculator based on a design system that suggests the ideal settings for typography.
<>Collections & ShopsWonderful collections in museums and shops with wonderful websites and fabulous ideas.>
- Chicago, Museum of Contemporary Art Store Wonderfully well designed, accessible site with delightful and amazing objects of all kinds.
- Handmade Maps Illustrated maps by a commercial artwork studio. Fun and fanciful. Includes gallery and a description of the process. Also has a blog on the design process.
- Laura Jane Designs, Fascinators The fabulous fascinators you saw at The Royal Wedding.
- Online Textile Swatchbook Powerhouse Museum in Sydney. A public museum with 500,000 objects related to the material heritage and stories of Australian culture, history and lifestyle. Includes