This is where I store and recommend resources on, obviously, art and design, broadly defined. I often forget where these are or that I even knew about them so I put them here. The category is very broadly defined because it includes any resource I value as an artist and writer—anything I use or recommend or wish I used in my creative work, including website design.
Some are inspiring, some curious, and some extremely useful. The choices are entirely idiosyncratic. Inclusion reflects only my interests.
Nothing comprehensive but I hope you discover something new.
- Golden Ratio Typography (GRT) Calculator A calculator based on a design system that suggests the ideal settings for typography.
<>Collections & ShopsWonderful collections in museums and shops with wonderful websites and fabulous ideas.>
- Chicago, Museum of Contemporary Art Store Wonderfully well designed, accessible site with delightful and amazing objects of all kinds.
- Handmade Maps Illustrated maps by a commercial artwork studio. Fun and fanciful. Includes gallery and a description of the process. Also has a blog on the design process.
- Laura Jane Designs, Fascinators The fabulous fascinators you saw at The Royal Wedding.
- Online Textile Swatchbook Powerhouse Museum in Sydney. A public museum with 500,000 objects related to the material heritage and stories of Australian culture, history and lifestyle. Includes